Course Tuition is non-refundable. All course sales are final. If you are unable to attend a course you have previously signed up for, you must notify us within seventy-two (72) hours of course to reschedule. Failure to notify us within seventy-two (72) hours of a scheduling conflict may result in a loss of tuition fees. Failure to attend any course previously paid for without proper notification is subject to automatic forfeiture.
Skill Builder - Pistol
This course will cover a range of topics that will allow you to continue to increase your knowledge and skills while building your confidence with a pistol. Each class will focus on a specific topic and a set of drills that will provide you with the opportunity to increase your gun handling skills and shooting performance.
We encourage to bring gear and dress appropriately to train in a manner that will best benefit you. If you want train with the gun you carry, please bring that or if you wish to increase your skills for recreational or competitive shooting that’s okay too. Bring the pistol and gear you wish to improve with and let’s get to work.
Draws & Reloads
- Whether it’s from an outside the waistband or an inside the waistband holster, it all starts with the draw! This session will focus on the mechanics of presenting your handgun from the holster to make you a more proficient and efficient shooter. This session will also cover methods regarding how to properly stow and exchange magazines. If you have chosen to carry a handgun for defensive purposes this session is a must!
Speed & Accuracy
- This session will cover methods and concepts regarding vision, grip, trigger, and sighting strategies. These methods and concepts are essential for you to increase your speed while maintaining an acceptable level of accuracy while shooting.
Shooting & Moving
- Shooting is a dynamic event and sometimes we must do things on the move. This session will focus on methods and skills required for shooting on the move in various directions while understanding and maintaining the fundamentals of shooting a handgun.
- In this session we will switch the focus from the technical aspects of shooting to the cognitive aspects of performance. When it comes to performance your brain is the most important tool. By utilizing visual and audible stimuli, you will be required to process vital information to complete the shooting related task properly and successfully.
- This session will focus on methods and concepts on how to properly utilize cover and concealment from various shooting positions with your handgun. Utilizing concealment and cover is a critical tool for survival and ending the threat efficiently.
- Functional/Practical Handgun
- Quality Rigid Holster (Leather/Kydex)
- Ammunition (150 rounds)
- Three (3) Magazines
- Two (2) Magazine Pouches
- Ear & Eye Protection*
- Appropriate Attire
*Ear & eye protection is available for purchase before class.
Popular Training Courses
Tri-State Conceal Carry$99.00
Introduction to Handguns$65.00
Skill Builder - Pistol$75.00
JamieMarch 19, 2023
The Skill Builder Pistol classes were great! The written descriptions were an accurate representation of what was covered in the four classes I attended. Each one of these classes can stand on its own, however, if you are considering taking more than one, my recommendation would be the following order to build on the skills: Draws and Reloads; Speed and Accuracy; Shooting and Moving; Reactive Shooting (I have not had the opportunity to attend Positional Shooting yet). The estimated 150 round count averaged out across the four classes; I would recommend bringing additional ammunition in the event the opportunity to train more presents itself. The three hour sessions were offered both on the weekends and evenings in an effort to accommodate customer schedules. This was enough time to thoroughly cover the subject matter and allow the instructor to give all attending the individual attention.
JohnMarch 19, 2023
I just completed the Skill Builder Pistol series of courses. Draw & Reload, Speed & Accuracy, Moving & Shooting and Reactive Shooting. As always Brandon rocks as the instructor. We had a wide range of abilities in the group and I think all felt comfortable with pace and topic in each session even when pushed out of your comfort zone. Everyone was a better shooter after the courses than before. Highly recommend this series to all shooters.
Aegid22 Jan, 2023
Just took the new Speed and Accuracy Pistol Skill Builder class and enjoyed it a lot. I like that it's a 3 hour class focusing on a certain aspect of shooting vs an 8 hour class that takes up a whole day. This class will help you fine tune your grip and control of the gun in order to remain accurate when shooting fast strings.