Course Tuition is non-refundable. All course sales are final. If you are unable to attend a course you have previously signed up for, you must notify us within seventy-two (72) hours of course to reschedule. Failure to notify us within seventy-two (72) hours of a scheduling conflict may result in a loss of tuition fees. Failure to attend any course previously paid for without proper notification is subject to automatic forfeiture.
Skill Builder - Pistol
This course will cover a range of topics that will allow you to continue to increase your knowledge and skills while building your confidence with a pistol. Each class will focus on a specific topic and a set of drills that will provide you with the opportunity to increase your gun handling skills and shooting performance.
We encourage to bring gear and dress appropriately to train in a manner that will best benefit you. If you want train with the gun you carry, please bring that or if you wish to increase your skills for recreational or competitive shooting that’s okay too. Bring the pistol and gear you wish to improve with and let’s get to work.
Draws & Reloads
- Whether it’s from an outside the waistband or an inside the waistband holster, it all starts with the draw! This session will focus on the mechanics of presenting your handgun from the holster to make you a more proficient and efficient shooter. This session will also cover methods regarding how to properly stow and exchange magazines. If you have chosen to carry a handgun for defensive purposes this session is a must!
Speed & Accuracy
- This session will cover methods and concepts regarding vision, grip, trigger, and sighting strategies. These methods and concepts are essential for you to increase your speed while maintaining an acceptable level of accuracy while shooting.
Shooting & Moving
- Shooting is a dynamic event and sometimes we must do things on the move. This session will focus on methods and skills required for shooting on the move in various directions while understanding and maintaining the fundamentals of shooting a handgun.
- In this session we will switch the focus from the technical aspects of shooting to the cognitive aspects of performance. When it comes to performance your brain is the most important tool. By utilizing visual and audible stimuli, you will be required to process vital information to complete the shooting related task properly and successfully.
- This session will focus on methods and concepts on how to properly utilize cover and concealment from various shooting positions with your handgun. Utilizing concealment and cover is a critical tool for survival and ending the threat efficiently.
- Functional/Practical Handgun
- Quality Rigid Holster (Leather/Kydex)
- Ammunition (150 rounds)
- Three (3) Magazines
- Two (2) Magazine Pouches
- Ear & Eye Protection*
- Appropriate Attire
*Ear & eye protection is available for purchase before class.